Arthur K. Draut Park being 24.4 acres, was developed in 1994 to be utilized for water retention during heavy rains. However, it was the intentions of the city government that during dry periods the park could be available for walking, jogging or communing with nature. Arthur K. Draut Park on Bowling Boulevard is just a few blocks away from Brown Park, allowing visitors to leisurely walk between each utilizing the public sidewalk system. At the entrance of the park, from the Bowling Boulevard parking area, are noticeable vine covered architectural structures which attempts to blend manmade features with the natural surroundings.
Other amenities in Arthur K. Draut Park include:
- A walking path with creek crossing bridges, stone benches, limited wooded areas, along with dedicated wetlands complete with cattails, water grasses and assorted wildlife. The distance of the walking path is 3,844 Feet or 0.728 of a mile.
- The flow of historic Beargrass Creek meandering through this park makes this site pleasing to athletes and naturalists.
- A water fountain is available, however, no restroom, picnic or structured play areas are available at this park.
- Free parking is available.
- No alcoholic beverages allowed.
- Trails are for walkers and joggers only.
- Obey the city leash law.
- Put all trash in receptables.
- No Parking on grass. Park in designated areas only.
Hours of operation:
Arthur K. Draut Park is open to the public from dawn to dusk, as it is with all City of St. Matthews parks.
Arthur K. Draut Park is located off on Bowling Boulevard, behind the Shelbyville Road Plaza.