Select Page

Alcohol Beverage Control


Commonwealth of Kentucky Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control

Anyone wishing to sell alcohol within the City of St. Matthews is required to obtain an Alcohol Beverage license from the City of St. Matthews. The type and fee of the permit varies with the need of each particular applicant. (i.e. package sales, by the drink, beer, wine, etc.). All licenses expire October 31 of each year and must be renewed annually.

To obtain the City of St. Matthews Alcohol Beverage License:

1. Submit a completed copy of the City of St. Matthews Application including any attached documents. Locate form link on left of this page. 

2. All license fees must be paid by Cashier Check, Certified Check, or Money Order made payable to: City of St. Matthews.

3. Apply to the Kentucky ABC Commission for a State License. 

All applicants/businesses must be current on all City of St. Matthews taxes, i.e. Business License tax, Occupation tax, and Property tax, and any other applicable fees, before an Alcohol Beverage license can be issued.

Register for the City of St. Matthews free Reach Alert Notification System! If you wish to receive valuable alerts and reminders from the City, simply click THIS LINK.