- The St. Matthews Police Department makes a house watch (HW) available to all residents of St. Matthews during a period of time that a resident is away from home. The absence could be due to a vacation, extended hospital stay, or other personal matter.
- There is no charge for this service.
- An HW is conducted at least once per shift for a total of at least three (3) times per day for up to 14 consecutive days.
- Any HW request in excess of 14 consecutive days is considered to be a long-term HW; such an HW is then conducted at least once per week by a First Platoon officer for up to 90 days.
- We are unable to provide the HW service for the following circumstances or properties:
- If the residential property is unoccupied or vacant (i.e., abandoned, for sale, etc.)
- For apartments and businesses
- If anyone is staying at the property during the HW (i.e., relative, family friend, etc.).
- You can request an HW prior to your departure by calling the St. Matthews Police Department at 893-9000 or by completing the online request form found below.
- For more information, contact the St. Matthews Police Department at 893-9000 to be connected to the police department dispatcher.
House Watch Request – Do Not Submit Request more than 48 hours prior to departure.