CITY OF ST. MATTHEWS
SPECIAL VIRTUAL Council Meeting Minutes
January 26, 2021
A special meeting of the St. Matthews City Council was held VIRTUALLY on Tuesday, January 26, 2021. The meeting was called to order at 7:00 p.m. The following people were present:
Richard J. Tonini
Councilmember Bernie Bowling Councilmember Stuart Monohan
Councilmember Cathi Clark Councilmember Mary Jo Nay
Councilmember Frank Flynn Councilmember Amy Olson – absent
Councilmember Tim Holland Councilmember Tony Weiter
Carrie Ritsert – St. Matthews City Attorney
Susan Clark – St. Matthews City Clerk/Treasurer
Sean Arms – St. Matthews IT Director
Chief Barry Wilkerson – St. Matthews Police Department
Kenan Stratman – St. Matthews Public Works Director
Gary Major – Resident
Pat Chapman – Resident
Elizabeth Cleary – Chamber of St. Matthews
Josh Suiter – Chamber of St. Matthews
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
The Pledge of Allegiance was accomplished followed by the roll call vote of attendance.
A motion was made by Councilmember Nay to approve the minutes from the January 12, 2021 special council meeting. The motion was seconded by Councilmember Clark.
Upon Voice Vote: (6-0) the motion carried. Councilmember Olson was absent, and Councilmember Holland was not yet present to participate in the vote.
No one had any comments to add due to special meeting status.
DISCUSSION ON TRINITY HILLS SUBDIVISION DRAINAGE ISSUE – Tabled
No discussion took place due to the topic being tabled.
There was no new business on the agenda to discuss.
Councilmember Bowling made a motion to approve the expenditures listed and have checks drawn on the city’s treasury in the total of $326,761.95. The motion was seconded by Councilmember Nay.
Upon Roll Call Vote: (6-0) the motion carried. Yes Votes: Councilmembers Bowling, Clark, Flynn, Monohan, Nay, and Weiter. Councilmember Olson was absent, and Councilmember Holland was not yet present to participate in the vote.
· Councilmember Clark relayed the second round of participation in the wellness program Naturally Slim has begun for interested employees.
· Councilmember Nay thanked St. Matthews Public Works Director Kenan Stratman for the sign being erected on Ten Pin Lane indicating the location of Community Center Park.
· Councilmember Flynn mentioned he and Councilmember Clark will begin the process of reviewing options for health insurance. Renewal date is October 1, 2021.
CITY ATTORNEY’S REPORT
Ms. Ritsert had no additional comments to report.
Mayor Tonini discussed the following items:
· Rumpke sent the city an invoice for $10,000 for disposal of leaves and yard waste. Attorney John Singler is confirming if this is contractual.
· Mayor Tonini asked Kenan Stratman to give an update on the Trinity Hills drainage project. Culvert work is being addressed. It was found 2 utilities will need adjusting to proceed.
· Mr. Stratman also included a summary of the problems with the elevator at City Hall. Otis Elevator is asking for $61,000 to replace the jack. However, that company would subcontract additional work that would need to be needed to complete the project. Mr. Stratman will contact other elevator companies for their review and quotes.
· Mayor Tonini asked Josh Suiter for his input. Mr. Suiter relayed the annual Chamber Awards Meeting will be held virtually. The date is Thursday February 25th from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 pm. Awards will be presented, and speakers included. Please RSVP to City Clerk Susan Clark if you plan to participate via zoom.
Councilmembers Clark and Weiter made a motion to adjourn. The motion was seconded by Councilmember Nay.
Upon Voice Vote: (7-0) the motion carried, and the meeting adjourned at 7:15 p.m.
Susan Clark, City Clerk
Richard Tonini, Mayor
|JANUARY 26, 2021|
|BE IT RESOLVED THAT THE MAYOR DRAW WARRANTS on the City Treasury,|
|counter-signed by the City Clerk authorizing payment of the below listed invoices:|
|A & K Auto Detailing||Police – Install Lights on Vehicle||$346.25|
|All-State Ford||Works – Vehicle Repair||$38.06|
|American Legal Publishing||Admin. – Annual Codification Process||$1,857.05|
|American Planning Association||Admin. – Annual Dues for Jack Ruf||$93.00|
|Anthem BCBS||All – Insurance Coverage||$92,648.71|
|AT&T||City Hall/Comm. Center – Phones||$1,541.98|
|Awards Center||Police – (2) Plaques||$159.90|
|Baptist Health Occupational Medicine||Police – Physicals and Vaccinations||$1,403.00|
|Benchmark Analytics (Forfeiture Account)||Police – Annual Subscription||$4,250.00|
|BMS, Inc.||All – Insurance Addendum||$369.75|
|Brightside||Works – Annual Fee||$2,500.00|
|CDW – Government||Admin. – Computer Maintenance||$4,670.14|
|Charles Guelda & Sons Plumbing||Works – Unstopped Sewer||$242.50|
|Cintas||Works – Uniform Pieces||$1,413.75|
|Clark & Riggs||Admin. – Printing of Newsletter||$2,256.00|
|Cundiff Electric||City Hall – Repair Work||$1,092.33|
|Delta Dental of Kentucky Inc.||All – Dental Insurance||$4,931.63|
|Galls||Police – Uniform Components||$2,431.70|
|HDR Engineering, Inc.||Works – Various Engineering Projects||$21,573.64|
|Hoeworx (MAPS)||Works – Grandview Alley Project||$109,021.10|
|Insight Public Sector||Police – Annual Fee for Wireless Mobile||$1,148.40|
|Interstate All Battery Center||Police – Batteries||$91.45|
|K & S Automotive||Works – Vehicle Repair||$2,570.88|
|KEMI||All – Workers Compensation Fee||$16,094.26|
|Kentucky League of Cities||Admin. – Annual Dues||$5,116.00|
|KY League of Cities Insurance Services||Admin. – Legal Fee Deductible||$5,000.00|
|LA Promotions||Police – Supplies and Materials||$265.33|
|Lewis Seed Company||Works – Fescue||$155.12|
|Lexus Nexus||Police – Investigative Tool||$123.50|
|LG&E||Works – Electric||$3,321.24|
|Louisville Water Company||Works – Water||$1,982.68|
|Marlin Business Bank||Admin. – Copy Machine Rental||$156.40|
|Miller Company||Admin/Police – Copy Machine Charge||$157.76|
|Mobile Forensic Solutions||Police – Investigative Tool||$211.00|
|Norse Tactial (Operating Account)||Police – Range Rental||$5,600.00|
|Norse Tactical (Forfeiture Account)||Police – Training||$6,480.00|
|RCS Communications||Police – Forfeiture Funds MDT Repairs||$284.00|
|Riverfarm LLC||Works – Trees||$8,401.00|
|Security Systems||Works – Monitoring||$38.00|
|Spectrum||Works – Monitoring||$255.53|
|St. Matthews Exterminating Company||Comm. Center – Pest Control||$88.00|
|St. Matthews Fire Protection District||Police – Reimbursement for OT||$8,784.00|
|Staples||Admin. – Office Supplies||$592.91|
|The Courier-Journal||Admin. – Legal Ad||$196.36|
|Tony’s Wrecker Service||Police/Works – Towing||$65.00|
|Total Office Products & Service||Police – Office Supplies||$109.00|
|Verizon||All – Cell Phones and MDT’s||$5,832.57|
|Welders Supply Company||Works – Compressed Air||$38.67|
|Reimbursements and Payments|
|Jetter, George||Police – Reimbursement for Padlock||$20.06|
|Jost, Beth||Admin. – Newsletter Author||$700.00|
|Ratliff, Scott||Police – Reimbursement for Tank||$42.34|