Halloween Trick-or-Treating in St. Matthews
NEW SCHEDULE: TUESDAY OCTOBER 30, 2018 5:30 P.M.
The residents of the City of St. Matthews will observe Halloween this year on Tuesday, October 30, due to potential thunderstorms predicted in the area on the traditional day of Wednesday, October 31. Trick-or-Treating will begin throughout the city at 5:30 p.m.
Motorists should drive slowly, yield to young pedestrians and watch out for Trick-or-Treaters darting into the street.
Halloween Safety Tips
- Children should never be allowed to go out alone on Halloween.
- A responsible adult should escort children while trick-or-treating.
- Adult escorts should carry flashlights.
- All costumes should be made of light-colored, fireproof material.
- Masks should not be worn if they impair vision.
- Realistic replica firearms should never be used.
- Props such as toy guns or swords should be made of pliable material.
- Children should wear proper fitting, comfortable costumes and shoes.
- Advise children that they should never enter strangers’ homes.
- Children should walk, not run, during their trick-or-treat activities.
- Children should never take shortcuts through backyards or alleys.
- Children should always use sidewalks, not the street, for walking.
- Children should look in all directions before crossing the street.
- Children should never eat any treats until they have been examined.
- All fruit should be cut and closely examined before eating.
- Give wrapped homemade treats only to children you know
- Don’t leave your home unattended on Halloween night.
- Keep pets inside your home or another safe place on Halloween night.